The AIDA 2 program forms the structural framework for all breath-hold diving. Whether you are a complete beginner, wanting to know how to ‘snorkel a bit deeper;’ or a more experienced diver wanting to develop the correct skills to keep progressing, the course focuses on creating safe and accurate technique.
Rather than “chasing numbers,” the three day instructional guides you through the theory and practice of breath hold, correct finning and hydrodynamic positioning, relaxation techniques, equalisation and a thorough understanding of physiology. During the open ocean sessions, students are exposed to a variety of freediving disciplines, the preparation for each dive, and techniques for safety and rescue.
The classes are small and intimate, so one on one time with the instructor is maximised. The course does include a few challenges for successful completion including a 40m DYN “distance swim,” a 16-20m CWT “deep dive” and a 2min static “stationary breath-hold.” These are fun targets, and the program guides you through the necessary techniques to achieve and eventually exceed these.
What you learn:
- Basic physiology of freediving
- Advanced breath-hold and relaxation techniques for static apnea
- Buddying for static and dynamic apnea
- Correct hydrodynamic finning for DYN and CWT diving
- Rescue and recovery for DYN and CWT diving
- Efficient equalisation and duckdiving for CWT and FIM freediving disciplines
- Safety and buddying while line training
What to bring?
- You will need a wetsuit appropriate for current temperatures
- Mask, snorkel and towel
- Fins (freedive fins not necessary but make things a little easier)
- Weight belt if you have one, if not, weights and belt provided
- Some determination, enthusiasm, laughter and a few good stories
The theory sessions for this course are conducted at Adreno Sydney (678 Botany road Alexandria)* and the evening pool session is held at All Sorts Gym & Pool, Alexandria. Ocean segments are flexible due to environmental conditions and will be advised on the Thursday evening.
Courses run by demand:
Your enquiry will be pooled and potential dates will be offered upon request; firstname.lastname@example.org